Vertical axis wind turbine generator has the following advantages:
1) generators and gearboxes can be installed in the ground, are easy to maintain and repair;
2) does not need to fins and yaw systems to drive the blades;
3) Tower design is simple;
Vertical axis wind turbine generator has the following disadvantages:
1) efficiency is low, due to run in the same circles, does not produce torque;
2) speed speed control difficult;
3) to start automatically;
4) vertical axis wind turbine (including generators,) the overall efficiency is low.
The development of horizontal-axis wind turbine generator with a long history, they are fully working production, simple structure, higher efficiency than the vertical-axis wind turbine generator. So far, for the generation of wind turbines are horizontal axis, there is no commercial vertical axis wind generator.